Tuesday, November 3, 2009

First post, getting up to speed

I will be spending the first several posts on getting to speed myself on the problems, specifically as it applies to the Lionfish invasion of the Atlantic & Caribbean.  In my research I will attempt to bring scientific and lay information regarding this problem, and what can be done to help fix it, if anything.

One of the earliest posts on the internet I could find was from 2006, which details the sighting & capture of a juvenile Lionfish off of the coast of Long Island in 2001.  Todd Gardner article  Todd Gardner is the author and person who captured and then started an investigation of Lionfish sightings in the Atlantic, and the possible reasons that they moved from the Pacific to the Atlantic. 

Considering that this has been a problem that was at least identified in 2001, I am trying the get my head around what has been done to eradicate this problem since then.  Hopefully more research will help me find some peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment